Thursday, June 16, 2011

Start a Blog... Check!

"There's nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and open up a vein." 
-Walter Smith   

This is the first blog I have ever started, and I am not sure how to begin. I figure that honesty is always a good starting point, so I guess I'll just begin by expressing my overall  incertitude. I normally love writing, but it is difficult to write to such an impersonal audience composed of practically anyone with access to a computer, time to kill, and some strange, vicarious interest in my life. Knowing that there is no single tone, length, or subject matter that will appeal to all the people reading my blog, I will be writing this blog for myself. I don't mean to appear selfish, I am merely trying to avoid tainting my writing by condemning it to active censorship in an effort to please such an eclectic audience. Ironically, since it is probably your interest in my life which brings you here, I hope that you enjoy what ends up coming out when I sit down at my laptop and open up my own vein. Lastly, if you don't enjoy my blog, perhaps you can still make your visit worthwhile by feeding the fish that live at the bottom of this page by clicking somewhere in their tank. Their names are Friedrich (White), Yin (Black), Albert (Blue), Clockwork (Orange), Tristan (Yellow), and Isolde (Red).

No comments:

Post a Comment